Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates and its dedicated staff of 4,600 direct support professionals are working tirelessly through the current COVID-19 pandemic to support over 60,000 vulnerable children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injury and other significant life challenges living in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Our most immediate needs include:
- Funds to support the purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and supplies or donations of PPE and supplies (gowns, gloves, masks, face shields, thermometers, disinfecting sprays –preferably acid-free/non-bleach, Lysol or Clorox wipes, spray bottles, paper towels, toilet paper) to aid in the care of children and adults requiring 24/7 residential and other essential services during the pandemic;
- Gift cards to Lowe’s, Home Depot, grocery stores, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Walmart, Target, etc. for families/caregivers who are experiencing food insecurity and financial burden who are supported through our three Family Support Centers, Shared Living Programs, Family Support & Stabilization Programs, and other Child & Family Support Services;
- Funds to purchase technology in the form of iPads, Echo Dots, and laptops with cameras to support telehealth for outpatient mental health services, to connect people living in 24/7 residential programs with family, friends, and health monitoring, and to provide remote learning opportunities for children and adults supported through educational services and day programming;
- Funds to cover salary increases for direct care staff providing essential care to vulnerable populations during the pandemic;
- Funds to support additional daytime staffing for over 120 24/7 group residential homes as the result of all day program closures in the state;
- Donations of crafts, books, games, and other activities to support children and adults confined to home.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Seven Hills is taking on extraordinary costs to manage the COVID-19 response – anticipated at an additional $1.5 million dollars each month in expenses to cover premium pay to retain staff, fund overtime and relief staff, purchase supplies and telehealth equipment and software, provide additional janitorial services, arrange special transportation, meet basic needs, and more.
YOU can make an immediate difference in helping us continue to provide essential services to people in our community most at risk. 100% of funds raised will go towards emergency response needs and will allow us to meet the urgent and increasing needs of our clients.
Donations can be made through our secure portal here or mail to:
Office of Advancement
Seven Hills Foundation
81 Hope Ave
Worcester, MA 01603